Friday, February 28, 2014

My trip to Tennessee

Last march over spring break I flew down to Louisiana to visit my best friend Meaghan. This was not the first time I had flown down to Louisiana i had done it before a few years earlier only that time i was flying down with Meaghan because she had not yet moved down there. The flight there was not that bad just a little bumpy. When my flight landed I walked down to the baggage claim and got my suitcase which I would be living out of for the next week. Then I waited for Meaghan's mom to pick me up. Meaghan was not with her on account that she had fallen asleep and refused to wake up. Anyway i finally arrived at Meaghan's house where she ran full speed at me to give me a hug nearly knocking me over. I spent the first two or so days of my trip in Louisiana. During that time me and Meaghan walked around , hung out alone , hung out with some of her friends, watched movies, and drank smoothies. Finally the day had come for us to go to Tennessee. we woke up early packed all of our things up , picked out movies for the drive , loaded up the car , and started our long drive. After about 4 hours of  driving and 3 movies into the drive we stopped for lunch. We went to cracker barrel. We ate lunch and then looked through the gift shop they have. Meaghan and I each got a huge lollypop that we still had not eaten all the way the end of the trip. We then all loaded back into the car and continued driving for a few more hours. While we drove me and Meaghan watched movies took pictures and listened to music. Finally after a full day of driving we reached Nashville, Tennessee. When we found the hotel we checked in found our room  put our stuff away and then went across the street for dinner. The next day was our adventure day. First we went to the mall which i will say is the biggest mall i have ever seen we where in there for 4 hours and we only got through half of it . While at the mall we rode on the carrell , went to the Disney store , forever 21 , bath and body works , and had lunch at the aquarium that was located there. After we left the grand ole opry mall we went to another smaller mall. We didn't spend a lot of time in there me and Meaghan only had time to go to Spensers before her mom and step dad where ready to. When we left the mall we went back to the hotel for a little while. Meaghan's mom told us to decide what we wanted to do later that night so we looked through some of the activity pan flits that the hotel had down stares and we decided that we wanted to go on the haunted ghost tour.  The tour was pretty cool we got to walk around a small town right out side of Nashville and we got to listen to the stories of the haunted building. We learned what the building use to be used for , what happened in then , who died in then and how , history of the people who died there , and all the super natural encounters that people had there. Also every now and then the tour guide would show us pictures that people had taken and you would be able to see little orbs and in one picture even a full body apparition. After the hour or so long tour we went back to the hotel and went to bed. The next day we went on a boat ride down the river. It was a big boat that could easily fit a few hundred people. While on the boat we got to eat and watch a show. When the show ended we where allowed to roam around the boat. I stood on the side of the boat and watched the water for the rest of the ride. When we got back to the dock we walked back to the car in the rain. we then decided that we where going to go the the Willie Nelson museum. We walked around there for awhile. Then we went next door to the dukes of hazzerd museum. After that we went back to the hotel and hung out for awhile. Finally the time had come for us to go the the grand ole opry , which was the main reason why we had gone to Tennessee.  We had to wait awhile till we where allowed to go in. Once we where inside we went to the gift shop and looked around for a bit . Then we went and bought some food and sat down for the show. It was a nice show and they had many lovey singers playing that night . When we  left the opry we went back to the hotel and went to bed. The next morning we woke up early and hit the road on our way back the Louisiana. I spent a few more days down there with Meaghan but when Easter Sunday came around it was time for me to go. The day of my flight the weather was horrible it was poring down rain. Don't even get me started on the wind it was so strong that it knocked over trees that i could barely get my arms around. And then when we got to the airport we had to wait 2 hours for my flight to come in because it had been delayed due to the weather but once we got in the air the flight wasn't bad at all. My flight finally landed 2 hours later then it was supposed to.Even tho through out my trip the weather was crappy the entire time it was still fun and i really enjoyed it.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment